Sunday, August 28, 2016

Feeling Better

The cold porcelain experiment was not a total waste. I learned that you can color it quite nicely by scraping watercolor paint into it and mushing it in. Nice marbling effect! Also watercolor paint is the bane of my artistic existence, so it's a good way to get rid of it. And even better, I made handles for the most used of my crochet hooks. Some of them cracked a bit, because obviously I have trouble getting all the bubbles out, but most look pretty good. Just got to let them dry completely and seal them.

And like a good little student of divination, I've been practicing with my lovely Lenormand deck (another blog post on that to come in the near future). The readings have been consistently good. I swear I'm not looking for the best possible interpretation. I go into it neutral and am wary of anything too extreme in either direction. But my first Grand Tableau did show the Gentleman very near the Lady, and after randomly pulling a card last week with no real expectations for anything, I got the Ring. If you aren't familiar with the traditional card readings, use your imagination.

So are things shifting, finally? Trust me, I'm not going to make any split-second decisions, and I will not be assuming that life is suddenly shifting into a meadow of daisies and cupcakes or whatever. I've got the Return of Saturn to look forward to in the next few years, and Mercury is going retrograde next month. Learned the hard way that that's nothing to fuck around with. Cautious optimism, I think, is the way to proceed... but like 49% cautious, 51% optimism. We'll see.

Anyway, wish me luck. Burn a candle for me. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment